- A vibrant seed sector in Myanmar with an enabling seed business environment supported by appropriate seed legislation.
- Develop, implement and enforce the seed law and its regulations
- Maintain the Myanmar Seed Information Portal that provides access to up to date information on the seed law, regulations, protocols and procedures
- Issue variety recognition certificates, seed testing laboratory registration certificates, seed business licenses, seed trade recommendation letters
- Develop national protocols and guidelines for seed certification (field inspection and seed laboratory testing), variety release and registration (VCU trails) and post control trials
- Organize periodic revisions of the Myanmar seed law and regulations to make them compatible with international standards
- Maintain and publish the annual national variety catalogue as approved by the National Seed Committee