Format for Seed Registration Protocol
|1.||Crop name||- Chilly|
|2.||Season/region/time||- 3 different places at appropriate season|
|3.||Check variety||- registered variety (similar variety with the habit of fruit setting)|
|4.||Plot size||- 12 ft x 20 ft (4 rows/bed, 10 plts/row, 40 plts/small plot)|
|5.||Spacing||- 2 ft x 3 ft|
|7.||Fertilizer rate||- for 1 ac rate|
|Urea||- 200 kg/ac|
|T-super||- 90 kg/ac|
|Potash||- 150 kg/ac|
|Cow/chicken dust||- 10-12 ton/ac|
|8.||Care and management||- pick up fruit from angle (pick up at the first flowering time)|
one plant rate
|15 days after sowing||9.2||-||5.2||-|
|30 days after sowing||9.2||-||5.2||-|
|50 days after sowing||9.2||-||5.2||-|
8. Data record and rates
a. Sow at (30-35)days of Nursery/ transplanting day
b. 50% flowering day
- The date shall record from seedling to 50% of flowers are blooms.
c. First pick up day of fruit
- The date shall be record first pick up day (75-80 days after seedling can start to pick up) and record by type of variety.
d. Fruit length (cm)
- Shall be measured the average length from 10 sample fruit.
e. Height of fruit (cm)
- Shall be measured the average height from 10 sample fruit.
f. Weight of a fruit (cm)
- Shall be measured the weight of 10 pods every picking time.
g. Total fruit weight per plant (g)
- Shall be calculated 10-20 plants from middle rows.
h. Total marketable fruit weight per plant (g)
- Shall be calculated 10-20 plants from middle rows (pest/ disease/small size, etc…).
i. Number of plant at the harvesting time
- Shall be measured the number of 20 plants from middle two rows at small plot.
j. Disease resistant
- Shall be recorded the grade of disease for every varieties.
k. Habit of fruit setting
- Upside, downward, cluster or not
l. Fruit color - fresh/ ripen
m. Yield (viss/ac)
- Shall be harvested all plants of inter two rows at the harvested area and calculated the whole acre yield from plot yield.
|Yield (eg)||= ----kg x 43560 (ft2/ac)
120 ft2 (Harvested area)
|= (---) kg / acx 0.62
* (1 viss = 1.6 kg)
Grade for disease
R (=resistant, 70-100% healthy plants/plot)
MR (=moderate resistnat, 50-70% healthy plants/plot)
MS (=moderate susceptible, 20-50% healthy plants/plot))
S (=susceptible, 0-20% healthy plants/plot)