Format for Seed Registration Protocol
|1.||Crop Name||- Sunflower|
|2.||Season/region/time||- Rainy, monsoon/ major production area of sunflower|
|3.||Check variety||- Registered varieties|
|4.||Plot size||- 15 ft x 4 rows|
|5.||Spacing||- 2 ft x 9 in|
|6.||Design||- RCB design, replication 4-6 (depend on no of variety)|
|Basal||- Compound - 2 bags, Urea- 112 lb/ac, Potash- 56 Lb/ac,
T-super- 56 Lb/ac
8. Care & Management
- Deeply plough & harrowing
- Thinning one plant 15 days after sowing
- Cleaning weed when plants are young
- If pest and disease infected, control with suitable pesticide in time.
- At the budding time, …………. not for logging
- Irrigate to field when water is needed at the 75 % budding and flowering time.
- For reduce postharvest losses, harvest in time, systematic threshing and drying under the sun.
9. Recorded data
50 % germination date
- Shall be recorded the day of 50% germination among all plants at small plot. Flowing date
- Shall be recorded the first day of flowers are blooms at small plot.
50 % flowering date
- Shall be recorded the day of 50 % flowering among all plants at small plot.
Plant height (cm)
- Shall be recorded from plant base to leaf tip for 10 sample plants that can represent the whole research field.
Numbers of fill grain per head
- Shall be counted fill grain form the flower of 10 sample plants.
Head diameter (inches)
- Shall be measured the flower from 10 sample plants.
Yield from 10 plants (g)
- Shall be measured seed weight from 10 sample plants.
Plot yield (g)
- Shall be measured seed weight from the small plot.
1000 grain weight (g)
- Shall be measured 1000 grain weight from the yield of 10 sample plants.
- Shall be tested oil content percent at lab.
- Shall be harvested when receptacle is turn straw color.
10. Calculating yield
Yield from sample area (g) x 43560
Sample size x 1000 x 32
|1.||Parent name or line numbe|
|9.||1000 grain weight (g)|
|10.||Oil content %|
|15.||GMO crop or not|